I remember the first time reading about the difference between Praise AND worship. I was really fascinated by the contrast.
This book is all about the power of praise. There are several powerful theme scriptures running throughout the entire text. These scriptures weave a sound proposition that praise in not an option for us if we are to experience the fullness of God’s power, provision, and freedom on the earth.
Don Gossett was not raised in a Christian home. He accepted Christ as personal savior in a Baptist church. He began his preaching ministry in the Baptist churches. He met and married Joy. Joy was raised in an old fashioned Pentecostal home.
Let’s get into ourBook Review by Don Gossett called There’s Dynamite In Praise
- Total pages: 128
- Shorter Chapters
- Personal Stories & Scriptural Examples
- first published 1974
- How I discovered Praise Power
- Praising God Continually
- When All Else Fails, Try Praising
- So you’de Rather Praise in Private?
- First Praise – Then Increase
- Praise: The Key to Power
- The Attitude of Gratitude
- One Hundred Praise Scriptures
- Hallelujah Living
- Adventures in Praise
Quotes about Praise
Here are a few of my favorite quotes from Don Gossett’s book There’s Dynamite in Praise:
- The Baptists stand for baptism in water. The Pentecostals stand for baptism in fire. You get water and fire together and you get steam.
- Prayer and praise are two wings of spiritual power.
- He doesn’t require sacrifices for sin [Jesus took care of that], but he does require sacrifices of praise.
- The true spirit of praise doesn’t drive people away; it attracts them.
- Praise is God’s order. When all else fails, praise prevails.
- True thanksgiving is not complete until it is expressed.
- First praise then increase
- Ingratitude extinguishes the light of God in your heart.
- The more we praise Him, the more he blesses us.
- Praise is the language of faith.
Praising God is the Secret to Having Increased Blessings in Your Life
My favorite chapter in this book is titled First Praise – Then Increase. This freedom chapter reveals the incredible and compelling idea that extra blessings may be contingent on our Praise.
May the nations praise you, O God. Yes, may all the nations praise you. Then the earth will yield its harvests, and God, our God, will richly bless us. Yes, God will bless us, and people all over the world will fear him. Psalms 67: 5-7 NLT
I like this thoughtful illustration Don makes uses to contract our requests from our thanksgiving:
“There is a story that tells of two angels who came from heaven every morning and go on their rounds all day long. One is the Angel of Requests. The other is the angel of Thanksgiving. Each carries a basket. The basket belonging to the Angel of Requests is soon filled to overflowing, for everyone pours into it great handfuls of requests, but when the day is ended, the Angel of Thanksgiving has in its basket only two or three small contributions of gratitude.” -Don Gossett
100 Praise Scriptures
This book also has some really nice teaching material:
- 10 points in learning to praise God continually and practically
- 7 characteristics of praise
- 7 question’s to ask yourself about praise
- 6 facts about the fruit of our lips
- 100 scriptures to be memorized (my favorite)
- 5 reasons for lifting hands in praise