This is a 162 page compilation book of six authors who write from their experience as international worship leaders. This means variety in perspective.
The book is segmented into three: For the Audience of One, Equal Access to the Throne, and Tips for the journey.
Quotes from Worship Leaders.
I like underlining the ideas I find in books that stick out to me. Do you? Here a few from this book. I have organized them according to worship leader.
- With out David, our conversations about worship would end up using words like blood, sacrifice, knife, dead, wash, splattered, animal…you get the picture.
- When I am secure in his affection, I do not need to draw my life from others because I already have it in him.
- When our gifting or calling becomes our title, it is only a short distance away from having it become our identity.
- Oxen and carts are for work, not for worship.
- We need to be lovers of God who happen to play music as opposed to musicians who happen to be Christians.
James W Goll
- I take my questions and I worship him with my questions.
- worship and prayer are not ends in themselves, they lead to the very presence of God.
- Spiritual principles stand firm always, but we are not worshiping spiritual principles.
- Gates and doors are closed to shut things out and open to let things in.
- Today, our access to God is not limited by artifacts and ceremonies.
- Oil is one of the most valuable commodities in the earth and it is also the most needed substance for worship.
- We must have oil for the journey of worship.
- Don’t get offended, get oil.
- Offense never lets you go, you have to let it go.
- We are called to carry, embody, and release worship everywhere we go.
- The reviving of the secret place will always lead to the reviving of the public places.
- The Spirit’s presence is not so fragile that he requires our help through lengthy explanations.
- Worship is who I am , not just what I sing.
- …we need to move from ‘practicing what we preach’ to ‘preaching what we practice.
- God’s musical tastes, however, have very little to do with style.
- To him, each thing you do on this earth is like a note on a musical staff.
- God hears things differently. To Him, if the sound has not come from an obedient heart, that sound is not godly.
- :if we simply turn our energy from the outside of the cup to the inside of the cup – from the part everyone sees to the part nobody sees – He will take care of the part everyone sees, on our behalf.
Rachel Goll Tucker
- Life is entirely too short to waste it without making an impact on our society.
Orlando House of Prayer
This was the last required book for my services at the Orlando House of Prayer. Each Monday evening from 10 pm to midnight I hosted a live musical devotion which was streamed worldwide. I lead this two devotion from January 2017 to the end of July 2017. The program required a training on prayer and worship called The Harp and Bowl Training as well as list of recommended and required reading.
The lost Art of Pure Worship
for more of my worship leading book reviews: